- ███ ████████ ~ ██ ██████ ███ ██████ ███
- Publish 6 long-form research essays ~ This is my most important professional goal. I believe that writing on the internet has so much leverage power in all sorts of ways.
- Publish 12 times on kentdebruin.com
- ██ ██████ ███ ██████ ~ coming soon(ish)
- Launch a new design studio
- ██ ██ ███████ ███ █████
- Build a quantified self dashboard ~ This implies learning how API's work so I can connect all my data sources like Oura, Strava or bank transactions to one Airtable (?) dashboard.
- Improve my programming knowledge significantly
- Have an in-depth conversation (60 min +) with 25 interesting people I have never met before ~ Julian Lehr inspired me for this one.
- ███ █ ██████
- Redesign and rebuild kentdebruin.com
- Build an automatic budgeting spreadsheet
- Spend a week in nature without internet
- Publish my public Are.na research on my website
Habits and rules
As I wrote here earlier: "To make progress on your goals you need habits." I see habits as the forcing function that will move my work forward. By settings some rules/habits I hope to make my goals easier to reach. My list of rules/habits for 2021:
- No internet before 10:00 ~ I block all distracting websites and email via an app called Freedom
- No outside meetings before 13:00 ~ This way I keep my morning open for creative work.
- No social media on Sundays ~ Again blocked via Freedom
- A weekly review on Sunday evening
- A quarterly review with friends ~ Every 90 days I want to look back and set new priorities
- ███ ███████████ ███
- Plan sport at least 3x per week
- Read 18 books ~ You can follow my progress here
- Run 52 times ~ Follow here
- Surf 10 times
- Write 100 days in a row ~ Together with some friends I write daily on Write Together
- Limit meat consumption to 24 meals
- Break all routines, goals and habits for at least two weeks ~ unlimited dooms scrolling, plenty of steaks and chicken, and absolutely zero planning.