What I'm really itching to do is get out of the house, visit Powell's downtown, and have lunch out before my lessons. But I'm here writing because I may as well get my WT post out of the way before I do all that.
My results this week were a little bit mixed. On the good side:
- Abstaining from alcohol all week was a good move. I feel great.
- Excluding my phone from the bedroom all week was very clearly the right thing to do. It's helped me sleep and the RSI I was starting to feel in my left arm over the past few weeks is completely gone.
- I made my weight-loss goal thanks to no alcohol and deliberately light eating, and set a new goal.
- Ate very light and healthy all week long.
- Keeping up trivial maintenance things like shaving every day and keeping the kitchen clean, getting my haircut on schedule and doing my laundry each week: when I neglect them I feel like my life is disintegrating around the edges, but when I do them I feel like I'm maintaining things and staying on top of life. This is way out of proportion to their actual importance but doing them really helps so I try to do them.
- I've done a lot of writing and I feel like I'm getting back to the place I used to be with it.
- Set up my Medium account to (hypothetically) earn money, and published a couple short pieces there.
- Recorded and posted another improvisation.
- Read books a lot a lot, internet garbage only a very little.
- Drank a lot more tea and a lot less coffee.
Things to improve upon next week:
- Woke up hung over on Monday, which was a harsh reminder that Sunday is a school night. Oops. I'll do better in a couple days.
- Unable to work out on Monday thanks to that idiocy, and that kind of punched a hole in my motivation for exercise all week long. Last night's short walk around the neighborhood was the most walking I've done all week.
- Didn't work on any of my long range projects, which I'm starting to feel antsy about. I'm not going to list them here because that is a project for the cafe at Powell's or wherever I have lunch today.
So that was the well-done and the could-be-better of my past week. Time to go do the rest of my Friday and then the weekend with all its fun!